People are at the core of Fareportal. We are one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship product CheapOair, receives over 100 million visitors annually.
The Mobile team is responsible for the strategy, product and roadmap delivery of Fareportal mobile services (app, web and messaging) globally. As the Visual Designer Manager, your primary focus will be on designing incredible user experiences that deliver a competitive advantage and meet the goals of the business and its users.
In this role you will work closely with Product Management and the Development team to cover all aspects from strategy, to new feature conception, implementation and post launch enhancement.
With an eye for detail, the ideal candidate will be data driven and will create scalable solutions, screen flows, and information architectures to cater to the ever demanding needs of the Fareportal customer base. The Visual Design Manager must have experience with mobile sites and applications and be comfortable working in a fast paced, agile environment.
- Accountable for the overall mobile web and app design strategy, process and team performance.
- Responsible for the design of a visually engaging, innovative and functional mobile web and app product.
- Manage a global team of visual designers ensuring they are working efficiently and in line with priorities.
- Perform user research, benchmarking, competitor analysis and conduct usability studies.
- Review available data, customer feedback and market research to proactively address key customer needs.
- Gather and communicate inspiration boards to assist product team in brainstorming solutions.
- Accuracy and attention to detail when finalizing and reviewing designs.
- Develop high-level mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate designs.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously in partnership with product managers and developers.
- Provide concise, data driven and robust recommendations on which designs to proceed with.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of latest digital design trends, third-party services and design tools.
- Contribute and provide estimates to assist with overall work prioritization and task assignment.
- Act as an advisor to product, development and delivery teams to meet customer requirements.
- Comfortable working in an agile environment utilizing a MVP approach.
- Bachelor's degree in Design or similar
- 5+ years of relevant experience
What We Offer
- Plenty of vacation time
- Flexible work hours
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Travel benefits
- Team outings
- Corporate discounts
- Breakfast bar
- Unlimited coffee