Fareportal is one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship product CheapOair, receives over 100 million visitors annually. As a Direct Response Copywriter, you will be a member of the world-class Fareportal Technology Team which is responsible for creating industry-leading digital products enjoyed by millions of consumers across the globe.
In this role, within Fareportal Technology Group, you will be responsible for creating direct response marketing materials across media - digital, mail, print and as needed DR- TV, DR-Radio. You will work closely with CRO, and SEM, SEO, Email marketing team to create a pipeline of direct response marketing communications that will help Fareportal (CheapOair, OneTravel, GetSetFly) achieve its customer acquisition and revenue goals.
As a Copywriter, you will conceptualize, write and produce highly effective direct response advertising across a multiple channels. You will work as a team with an CRO manager, SEM manager and Creative team, on occasion, iteratively with our advertising strategy, production and transcreation agency partners to create best-in-class direct marketing communications.
As a data driven tech company, we couple Data with Creativity - continually measuring advertising performance to optimize performance and effectiveness of our e-commerce funnel, landing pages, marketing communications and advertising campaigns. This is a challenging yet exciting opportunity to create highly scalable e-commerce websites to help millions of customers to make their bookings every month.
- Create persuasive, conversion focused marketing communications using established direct selling techniques.
- Become a key member of the Fareportal, Conversion Rate Optimization, and product team, ensuring our e-commerce site and other innovation projects aligns with customer’s needs and in line with the company’s quarterly and long-term goals
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders, product managers, creative team, brand owners to create copy for e-commerce products, website, mobile app and other communication channels email, print (direct mail) as needed.
- Work with international teams to ensure advertising concepts work across other languages and cultures.
- Work hands on with conversion rate optimization team, search engine marketing team and content landing pages team to iterate and optimize campaign performance to improve conversion rates and reduce cost-per-acquisition.
- Effectively communicate and articulate thoughts and creative ideas across the organization and to project stakeholders.
- Prioritize multiple projects and deliver highly effective and effective creative work
- Build products that customers rate highly and deliver commercial growth
We are looking for someone who:
- Has proven ability to create big conceptual ideas from a marketing brief
- Is equally comfortable working on a global DR advertising campaign, crafting impactful emails, or writing effective SEM copy.
- Demonstrates mastery in creative writing for direct marketing materials with the greatest attention to detail.
- Can comfortably deliver copywriting within constraints of the medium and channel they will be displayed in.
- Is excited to work within our current brand voice, and help us evolve it as new opportunities arise.
- Continue to grow and improve Fareportal’s (CheapOair, OneTravel, GetSetFly) direct marketing guidelines and develop a repository of DM templates.
- Can collaborate with team members at all levels to ensure projects are consistent with DM best practices, brand guidelines and overall project goals.
- Takes responsibility for the success of the projects they work on.
- Excellent hands-on analytical skills, with a proven ability of multitasking with minimal oversight
- Experience with any analytics products like Google Analytics, Omniture etc
- Knowledge of current web and mobile technologies, and familiarity with how the digital ecosystem is evolving
- Fluency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, wireframing tools demonstrated attention to detail
- Understanding and appreciation of SEO, SEM, UX, CRO
- 5+ years experience as a DM Copywriter within a direct marketing agency or similar who has won effectiveness awards for his/her work
- The ideal candidate has experience of working in a global organization or for global clients; he/she is well-travelled and ideally has worked overseas hence has experienced different cultures and mindsets to aid his/her work.
- It is essential for the successful candidate to have both a digital and offline background
- Innate creative flair that manifests itself in many ways e.g. empathy, insight and inspirational problem solving
- Flexibility and willingness to react quickly to the changing demands of the business
- The ability to understand and interpret background information
- An understanding of the various target audiences for whom material is being prepared
- BA/BS in English Literature, Journalism, or related field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
What we offer:
- Flexible work hours
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Travel benefits
- Team outings
- Corporate discounts
- Breakfast bar