People are at the core of Fareportal. We are one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship product CheapOair, receive over 100 million visitors annually.
We are seeking a highly organized attorney possessing at least 4-7 years of experience. This highly visible position reports to the Deputy General Counsel of Fareportal and supports others on the small but growing team.
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are essential. If you are self-starting and proactive, your opportunity to work on interesting projects will be endless.
There isn’t a better time to join our growing team!
This position will support commercial transactions related to the company’s business activities, including contracting, support for marketing activities, and more, including:
- Commercial Contracts. Draft and edit various types of agreements, including NDAs, vendor, affiliate and services agreements. Prepare correspondence, memoranda, and reports.
- Litigation Support. Coordinate with Operations in the processing of consumer complaints. Research and work with Operations to respond with documentation to meet the documents requested in legal subpoenas. Assist attorneys in research activities, document gathering, as well as with investigations and initial drafting of responses to legal inquiries and demands.
- Marketing Support. Provide support for all divisions of Fareportal marketing. Review, analyze and provide guidance on elements contained in press releases, advertisements and commercials. Advise on promotions, such as sweepstakes and contests including drafting rules, and other documents and overseeing selection of winners and fulfillment of prizes.
- Intellectual Property Management. Work with outside counsel to maintain Fareportal’s domestic and foreign trademark, copyright, and domain name portfolios. This includes assisting with clearance, filing, prosecution, enforcement/defense and renewals.
- Compliance. Review materials to be used on the websites and in online and offline marketing for compliance with legal requirements. Register and maintain required licenses for Fareportal entities. Provide backup to Compliance Specialist regarding regulatory compliance on sites with DOT and FTC rules.
- A proven record of professional excellence and achievement as a practicing attorney in good standing.
- J.D. from top school required.
- At least 4-7 years of experience working as an associate attorney in a corporate/commercial law function at a law firm, ideally with some time at another in-house legal department.
- Prior experience at a travel, ecommerce, or consumer-facing business.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with all levels and functions, from internal clients to opposing parties and regulatory officials. Demonstrated the ability to conduct legal research and translate and explain findings to others.
- Demonstrated knowledge of legal procedures, protocols, terminology and the preparation of complex legal documents.
- Superior computer software and word processing skills (MS Office suite, document and project management applications, internet-based research). Advanced knowledge of social media and social networking sites.
- Stellar organizational and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated track record of managing the details required of an Associate General Counsel.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize workload effectively in a fast-paced environment. Strong project management skills
What we offer
- Flexible work hours
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Travel benefits
- Team outings
- Corporate discounts
- Breakfast bar