Fareportal is one of the fastest growing E-Commerce Technology Companies in the Travel Industry. Based in New York City, with multiple international offices, we power some of the world’s top travel websites which attract close to a million users every day. We are constantly pushing the envelope for our consumers by providing a cutting edge and seamless user experience.
At Fareportal, employees are empowered to spearhead initiatives by working in an environment where thoughts are heard and ideas are implemented. Our company culture boasts innovation, collaboration and harbors a unique entrepreneurial spirit.
Our Las Vegas office is currently seeking an entry level, proactive, energetic IT Help Desk Support individual with 1 -2 years’ experience to troubleshoot any help desk, network, systems issues. In this role you will provide help desk support, system administration and maintenance of networks and PC systems for all users. As our Help Desk Support, you will be responsible for providing technical expertise and leadership in the design, development and delivery of our Customer Support and Help Desk solutions. This includes developments, enhancements, and version upgrades.
Essential Functions Include:
- Maintaining, upgrading, and repairing PCs, desktop applications and phones
- Performing diagnosis and resolution of desktop and equipment problems, and recommending and implementing corrective solutions
- Troubleshooting problems with computer systems, including troubleshooting hardware and software, Windows based workstations, custom applications, email, network and peripheral equipment problems; makes repairs and corrections where required
- Setting up new users and maintaining all workstations
- Installation, assembly, and configuration of computers, monitors, networks, printers, and other hardware
- Creating/Resetting passwords, helping with login problems, adding/deleting users
- Providing technical expertise and leadership in the design, development and delivery of enterprise Help Desk Customer Support Software, while adhering to strict timelines, coding guidelines, deliverables and quality
- Assist user requests directly, over the phone and using remote access tools
- Perform routine active directory administration tasks
- Must be fluent in Spanish / English
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Previous experience of using remote support tools like Bomgar, webex and the like
- Experience with industry standard backup procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Products and Applications
- Ability to effectively and efficiently troubleshoot technical problems.
- Familiarity with network troubleshooting process and tools
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Professional customer service skills
- Ability and willingness to work in an environment providing 24 x 7 x 365 support
- Ability to independently research a problem using available resources, such as manuals, training materials, and the Internet
- Associate Degree in Computer Science/Information systems or related field,3 years of relevant IT experience will be accepted in lieu of the required degree
- Having A+ and /or Net + certification is a plus
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems, provide guidance and instruction to others, communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally
- Ability to understand and follow direction and to participate as a member of a departmental project team
- Ability to work on multiple projects, often competing, priorities and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently to accomplish long-term, complex objectives
- Demonstrated ability to learn new hardware/software/operating systems independently
- Basic understanding of Active Directory
Personal Impact: Our casual company culture boasts innovation, collaboration and harbors a unique entrepreneurial spirit.
The right people will. . . . .
Understand the unique challenges and tremendous opportunities associated with a rapidly growing fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to deal with ambiguity but equally the freedom to explore and innovate.
Manage a continuously evolving sets of priorities when everything (really-everything!) is important. You can’t get overwhelmed or sidetracked easily.
Be vocal with idea generation; speaking-up fuels discussion, ideation and group-think. 98% ideas may fly by the way side – but your impenetrable spirit allows the other 2% to soar! Your voice defines the value you bring to the organization.
Have the maturity to work on goals at hand, but also the ability to consider overall strategies
Understand power of our ownership culture; built on principles and values that compel everyone at Fareportal to think and act like an owner of the business.