People are at the core of Fareportal. We are one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship product CheapOair, receives over 100 million visitors annually.
We are seeking a Mobile Architect who possess strong experience of designing, building and implements new features across multiple platforms (iPhone, Android, Blackberry, etc), including mobile application development, architecture design, infrastructure design, technology build and deployment activities.
The right applicant will possess strong designing and building experience of advanced applications for IOS and Android platform.
This role will enjoy great visibility and have tremendous ownership!
• Over seeing app architecture for 2 major travel brands on iOS and Android platforms. These apps have clocked over 5 million downloads, won numerous design, product and marketing awards, and the engineering team is top notch. The Apps are on iPhone, Android, Apple TV, Android TV, and soon to be on Messaging Platforms.
• Its “all hands on deck” at Fareportal, and in order to lead and command the respect of such highly technical teams this person must be skilled in architecting, designing and developing mobile apps, and have at least one app on the Apple App Store or on Google Play.
• The right person will be a creative mind with a compulsion to innovate in the areas of technology product and process development; paired with an ability to translate new trends and technologies into quick product ideas and implementation.
• Visionary Mobile Apps Architect with SOA Architecture and eCommerce experience
• Experience in Agile Scrum and in development of continuous integration and test driven development environments for mobile applications
• Complete familiarity with iOS App Architecture: App Lifecycle, Security/Encryption, Data Protection, Resource Management, Internationalization, Threads/Concurrency, Content Management, Bluetooth/Accessory Interfaces, URL schemes/Deep linking, Push notifications, Inter app communication, Airdrop, App fragments, Watch Kit architecture, Effective memory management, power management.
• Use of common frameworks - AFNetworking, reach ability, social framework, magical record, RestKit etc
• Very hands-on with 4+ years developing native iOS apps, including 1+ years developing e commerce apps using Objective-C. Familiarity with Android/Java.
• Understanding of SOA Architecture and prior experience before background in developing services at some point in career (WCF/ASP.NET, Java, Node.js)
• Familiar with Cloud concepts (AWS/Firebase etc)
• 4+ years experience architecting service driven mobile applications.
• Should have at least 3+ Apps deployed in Apple App Store or Google Play
• 2+ years experience with eCommerce, payment technologies (Apple Pay, Google Wallet, etc)
• Experience with memory optimization
• Complete familiarity with XCode. Android Studio
• Experience in Google Analytics/Omniture, ad/referral tracking systems (Kochava, AppsFlyer...)
• Experience with Push Notifications (Urban Airship, Kahuna, Branch.io, Firebase...)
• Good understanding and experience with iOS/Android security (building secure containers, understanding keychains, app sandbox)
• Passion for technology and driven to keep up with the latest updates and SDK features from Apple/Google.
• Experience with continuous integration
• Experience with test driven development environments for mobile application
• Proven track-record of working with offshore development teams and delivery.
• Process-oriented with Experience in Agile/Scrum Mobile Application development.
• Experience working closely with Business and Design teams.
• Good understanding of iOS Human Interface Design/Android material Design.
• Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical/architecture documents.
• Excellent verbal communication skills including presentation to tech and management audiences
• Ability to effectively present information to team members and management, customers and prospects.
• Excellent team building, people and management skills.
• Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
• Must be self-starter, proactive and willing to learn and grow with the business.
• Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must demonstrate a hands-on approach, attention to detail and results orientation
What we offer
• Plenty of vacation time
• Free transportation
• Complimentary meals
• Recreation lounge
• Team building activities
• Fun team outings
• Unlimited coffee