People are at the core of Fareportal. Product innovation and Engineering are what drive Fareportal. We are one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship products CheapOair and OneTravel receive over 200 million visitors annually.
Fareportal is hiring a highly talented and motivated QA Director (Automation Testing) who can work on .NET platform (preferably from Travel Domain), its framework including C#, MVC, WCF, Web Services, XML etc. The work involves design, prioritize/manage and maintain all automation practices, standards, methodologies and metrics using Selenium (Preferred C#).
1. Provide leadership and strategic direction to the Quality Engineering and shaping the company’s QA processes and strategies.
2. Design, prioritize/manage and maintain all automation practices, standards, methodologies and metrics.
3. Strong communication skills with all the key stakeholders to ensure QA vision is understood and implemented correctly.
4. Lead the design and implementation of testing frameworks, test infrastructure and tools
5. Drive the successful delivery of projects in an Agile/Scrum environment across multiple teams
6. Identify and monitor metrics that can effectively report the overall status of projects with emphasis on quality status
7. Set up performance goals for team members, evaluate performance and facilitate professional development
8. Bringing Efficiency in Testing through use of Technology & implementation of best practices to prevent bugs. And also reduce the time in regression test cycle.
9. Proficient in Web & Mobile applications testing, Selenium Webdriver, Web Services, .NET, C#, ASP.NET, MVC, WCF, troubleshooting & debugging.
10. Utilize continuous integration and delivery concepts within the quality strategy.
11. Excellent analytical, organizational, and planning skills, Self-driven and proactive.
12. Should have Automation scripting experience and should be able to direct automation initiatives
13. Should have prior experience in creating and estimations for automation efforts & ROI.
14. Knowledge of Travel Domain/GDS and E-Commerce domain experience is desired
15. Solid technical background, with hands-on experience in automated, monitoring and tooling to high-traffic web applications.
1. Guide the team on increasing automation scope coverage, creating automation utilities to support ongoing project deliveries.
2. Perform automation Feasibility analysis of the application and conduct a Proof of Concept.
3. Help team to improve the robustness, re-usability, and maintainability of their test scripts.
4. Contribute to the value innovation initiatives by identifying an automating the repetitive manual processes.
5. Participate in Agile development processes and focus on automated testing to support software quality efforts.
6. Work with the team to create a fault tolerant and robust testing automation framework that can be used to continuously validate the quality of our software.
7. Evaluate current automation practices and techniques to ensure best of breed automation techniques are being utilized and make adjustments where necessary
8. Implement information radiators to make automation test results accessible by the entire organization
9. Responsible for Defining QA strategy, approach and execution in development projects.
10. Responsible for Leading and directing the QA leadership team.
11. Provide leadership and technical expertise within Test Automation and Quality Assurance.
12. Be accountable for the test automation projects, mentor, and provide leadership to the QA automation developers and managers.
13. Ensure the proper usage of available tools to gain the maximum benefit of the QA effort. This includes testing tools for functional, performance, automation, etc.
14. Work with QA managers, Development managers and the Software Development Director to develop and execute QA strategies to meet and exceed department and corporate quality goals.
15. Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral – ability to communicate effectively at all levels, including non-IT literate individuals. Must be prepared to write formal specifications and technical reports.
1.Automation Testing of Web/Mobile Web Application with hands on experience in Selenium using C# (Minimum 14+ years). Provide leadership and strategic direction to the Quality Engineering and shaping the company’s QA processes and strategies.
2. Good Academics with Travel Domain Experience
3. Technology & Background- C# Development, .Net framework/platform, TDS & Selenium.
4. E-Commerce Exposure
Personal Impact: Our casual company culture boasts innovation, collaboration and harbors a unique entrepreneurial spirit.
The right people will. . . .
Understand the unique challenges and tremendous opportunities associated with a rapidly growing fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to deal with ambiguity but equally the freedom to explore and innovate.
Manage a continuously evolving sets of priorities when everything (really-everything!) is important. You can’t get overwhelmed or sidetracked easily.
Be vocal with idea generation; speaking-up fuels discussion, ideation and group-think. 98% ideas may fly by the way side – but your impenetrable spirit allows the other 2% to soar! Your voice defines the value you bring to the organization.
Maturity to work goals at hand, but also able to consider overall strategies of the firm and create opportunities previously unseen.
Understand power of ownership culture; built on principles and values that compel everyone at Fareportal to think and act like an owner of the business.
Fareportal’s Mission is to “Make travel effortless, affordable, and enjoyable by providing customers with their perfect trip, through the relentless pursuit of innovation in technology and unsurpassed customer service.” If you love technology, travel and innovation, commence your journey here.