Fareportal is making travel effortless, enjoyable and affordable by providing our customers an incredible travel experience through innovation in technology and information. We are one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world, and our portfolio of travel brands, including our flagship product CheapOair, receives over 100 million visitors annually.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our team in Kyiv.
As a data scientist at Fareportal, your primary focus will be on building large-scale, big data-driven predictive models that are actionable and embedded in our products. In this role you will partner closely with world-class talent across web, advanced analytics and business groups to improve our products and make a real impact with your insights. You will have some of the richest and most robust data at your fingertips across multiple subject areas (e.g., travel trends, flight patterns, clickstreams, bookings, marketing campaigns) and an opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment to quickly see your efforts drive meaningful business impact.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working on a cross-functional team of data engineers, web developers and business unit owners to improve existing algorithms and build new innovative predictive models.
- Supporting our data modeling efforts to ensure we’re capturing the data needed to improve our modeling capabilities.
- Engaging directly with our web and A/B testing teams to implement and monitor performance of our data science products.
- Collaborating with directors, managers, and our senior leadership team to ideate and introduce new data science innovations into business areas such as revenue and pricing, web, UI/UX, marketing and fraud.
- Using a variety of techniques including predictive modeling, recommendation engines, revenue management, conversion rate optimization, and site and user experience optimization.
Who you are:
- You are well versed in languages such as Python, R, SQL, Spark, and have a strong understanding of machine learning, statistical and probability analysis, predictive modeling, hypothesis testing and associated software libraries and tools.
- You have worked in cloud-based environments such as AWS or Azure, and are familiar with relevant technologies and languages (e.g. Hadoop, MapReduce).
- You query databases easily and run various models to extract new features and identify important variables.
- You connect different types of datasets in different forms and can handle potentially incomplete data sources.
- You have experience implementing models in high-traffic ecommerce and web environments.
- You are a strong collaborator and communicator and you make the engineers around you grow and learn.
If you're interested in joining the data science team at Fareportal, please send a cover letter along with your resume telling us why you'd be right for the position. Feel free to point us to any online data science presence you may have (GitHub, Kaggle, sample code, project lists).