People are at the core of Fareportal. We are one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship product CheapOair, receive over 100 million visitors annually.
We are seeking a Senior Financial Accountant . Utilizing hands-on accounting experience and an in-depth understanding of accounting principles and company practices, senior accountants perform complex accounting activities and financial analyses.
The right candidate will be experienced in preparing and analyzing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and General Ledger accounts.
- Assist month and year end close process in conformity with US GAAP and internal controls
- Participate in the annual and interim internal and external audits
- Create intercompany elimination entry, compile monthly financials, and assist with consolidation.
- Perform GL entries including fixed assets, depreciation/amortization, maintain and update schedules.
- Perform corporate allocation calculation, account analysis and financial variance analysis including sales and margin analysis.
- Perform bank/credit card reconciliations and outstanding cash items analysis.
- Liaison with the FP&A team for deliverables and business analysis required for consolidated reporting needs.
- Maintain and develop internal control procedure, accounting policies and audit requests to enforce policy compliance and report on noncompliance. Maximize system resources and improve efficiency and productivity.
- Assist new ERP system implementation. Integrating data from various departments into ERP for full functionality. Identify transform issues and provide suggestions. Post JEs and reconcile ERP operating GL accounts.
- Support all aspects of ad-hoc reporting, special projects as assigned by management.
- 5+ years of progressive corporate accounting experience in large company with high volume of transactions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or a related field. Preferably CPA or working towards.
- Thorough knowledge of general ledger, financial reporting, internal controls, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures in accordance with US GAAP.
- Strong technical, analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Teamwork, collaboration-orientated, and escalate issues as necessary.
- Well-organized, extreme attention to detail and a highly motivated team player.
- Ability to effectively communicate with various groups both in and out of finance.
- Proficiency with various financial reporting systems. QuickBooks & ERP system experience preferred.
Personal Impact: Our casual company culture boasts innovation, collaboration and harbors a unique entrepreneurial spirit.
The right people will. . .
- Understand the unique challenges and tremendous opportunities associated with a rapidly growing fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to deal with ambiguity but equally the freedom to explore and innovate.
- Manage a continuously evolving sets of priorities when everything (really-everything!) is important. You can’t get overwhelmed or sidetracked easily.
- Be vocal with idea generation; speaking-up fuels discussion, ideation and group-think. 98% ideas may fly by the way side – but your impenetrable spirit allows the other 2% to soar! Your voice defines the value you bring to the organization.
- Maturity to work goals at hand, but also able to consider overall strategies of the firm and create opportunities previously unseen.
- Understand power of ownership culture; built on principles and values that compel everyone at Fareportal to think and act like an owner of the business
Fareportal’s Mission is to “Make travel effortless, affordable, and enjoyable by providing customers with their perfect trip, through the relentless pursuit of innovation in technology and unsurpassed customer service.” If you love technology, travel and innovation, commence your journey here.