People are at the core of Fareportal. We are one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship product CheapOair, receives over 100 million visitors annually.
We are currently seeking a VP of Product Engineering. This is a high visibility role which has a direct impact on our customer facing products. This person will be instrumental in driving business strategy by analyzing site and customer analytics, managing highly qualified technology teams and building high performing product technology teams. The ideal candidate will have a background in project management, vendor relationship and working with large global teams.
Drive Business Strategy
- Increase bookings, conversions and Top Line revenues by developing new products and services
- Create and manage the product roadmap working closely with the CTO and SVP Of Products to determine priorities
- Develop Short Term and Long Term Product Roadmap and Prioritize Projects with Business Owner based on ROI, top line revenues and shareholder value
- Analyze site/product analytics, customer analytics, Competitive landscape and provide key insights for driving bookings growth.
- Builds Strong Relationship with GDS/ Suppliers/ 3rd Parties and drives new product development initiatives and Beta Test with GDS/Suppliers/3rd Party for First Mover Advantage and Differentiation
- Manage multiple technology teams comprised of experienced software developers, UX and QA engineers.
- Define technology vision and strategy and create an operational roadmap for development, designers and QA engineers
- Create an environment that drives innovation and challenges the team to explore and experiment new ideas/ technologies to grow the business
- Ensure timely, accurate, and quality execution of all deliverables
- Main focal point for team’s business delivery, product quality, product delivery, performance and availability goals
- Reviews Designs and Architecture with attention to details and produces flexible and scalable software architecture and designs with effective use of OOPS, Design Patterns, Enterprise Libraries
- Works with the Product Managers to ensure higher team productivity through proper User Story Estimation and Capacity Planning
- Co-ordinates with Central QA for Load Testing / Code Profiling to meet Quality Performance Metrics
- Ensures Team QA writes automated scripts for regression testing to achieve 100% QA automation
- Researches New Technologies to innovate Fareportal technology and processes and run POCs
Project Management Responsibilities
- Ownership of the Product delivery calendars for the brand/department/product.
- Coordinates with Business Owner and evaluates the Project Requirements, Priorities and ensures readiness of projects before development starts
- Lead Scrum of Scrum Meetings within the Technology Unit
- Creates Project Goals based on Business Goals
- Clearly communicates business and project goals, objectives and shows the big picture to the development team
Manage Tech Capital
- Build a High Performing Product Technology Team - Build strategies to source Top Talent , motivate talent and retain talent
- Appropriately staff the departments according to current and future Product Roadmaps
- Manage teams by clearly outlining titles, roles and responsibilities
- Set Goals and Targets for team members on regular basis
- Works with the Performance Analysis Team to evaluate skills and performance of team and members on a quarterly basis and recognize and reward high performers
Vendor Management, Outsourcing And Legal
- Evaluate technology vendors/suppliers, negotiate agreements, and establish working relationships in Travel supply chain.
- Adept at handling NDAs, and Legal related matters
Mission: To be the world's best flight booking and customer experience company with a human touch