People are at the core of Fareportal. We are one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship product CheapOair, receives over 100 million visitors annually.
As a Sr. UX / UI designer you work closely with Product Management and Development. User Experience at Fareportal covers all activities from conception and design of future products to maintenance and improvement of existing products such as CheapOair.com, OneTravel.com, Mobile Web, Mobile Apps and Operations.
- Collaborate closely with Product Management and other UX team members to construct optimal user experience for customers across all brands and products following UCD best practices and leveraging industry standards.
- Create innovative, unique, elegant and easy to use design solutions.
- Create mockups, visual specifications, interactive prototypes for native, responsive web & mobile applications.
- Develop high-level storyboards, mockups, wireframes and prototypes to effectively communicate information architecture, interaction and design ideas.
- Perform user research, benchmarking, competition study and conduct usability studies.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, work in partnership with visual designers, business stakeholder, product manager to conceptualize deliver the desired experience.
- Review available data analytics, customer feedback and market research to derive user insights in order to build effective experiences for the users.
- Provide UX and product management teams with compelling evidence, recommendations and feedback throughout the product lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Human-Computer Interaction, Design & Technology, Graphic Design, Industrial Design & Psychology, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
- Candidates must be able to have a broad yet detailed understanding of web/mobile UI standards, grid system, responsive design frameworks, usability, and have design user interfaces for web/mobile applications.
- Proficiency with Creative Cloud, Sketch UI or other graphic design tools to create mockups and visual specifications.
- Exceptional portfolio demonstrating command over building delightful both desktop and mobile experiences, design skills as well as functional responsive web projects.
- Excellent, communication, and teamwork skills
- 7+ years of experience in experience working in various interaction design positions, desktop, mobile and responsive web projects.
- Proficiency with inVision app to create interactive prototypes for iterative evaluations.
- Strong understanding of user research methods, information architecture, interaction design and usability best practices
- User testing, user research and AB testing experience
- Strong experience in Lean UX
- Strong understanding of iOS and Android platform patterns and interaction standards
- Passion for emerging trends in mobile UX and hunger to innovate
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills to convince stakeholders
- Strong understanding of HTML5 / XHTML / CSS 3.0 (media queries), responsive design, bootstrap.
Personal Impact: Our casual company culture boasts innovation, collaboration and harbors a unique entrepreneurial spirit.
The right people will...
- Understand the unique challenges and tremendous opportunities associated with a rapidly growing fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to deal with ambiguity but equally the freedom to explore and innovate.
- Manage a continuously evolving sets of priorities when everything (really-everything!) is important. You can’t get overwhelmed or sidetracked easily.
- Be vocal with idea generation; speaking-up fuels discussion, ideation and group-think. 98% ideas may fly by the way side – but your impenetrable spirit allows the other 2% to soar! Your voice defines the value you bring to the organization.
- Maturity to work goals at hand, but also able to consider overall strategies of the firm and create opportunities previously unseen.
- Understand power of ownership culture; built on principles and values that compel everyone at Fareportal to think and act like an owner of the business
Fareportal’s Mission is to “Make travel effortless, affordable, and enjoyable by providing customers with their perfect trip, through the relentless pursuit of innovation in technology and unsurpassed customer service.” If you love technology, travel and innovation, commence your journey here.