View Our Website View All Jobs

Airline Relations Specialist

Fareportal is one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship product CheapOair, receives over 100 million visitors annually.

We are seeking a Airline Relations Specialist, for our Airline operations department, Waivers, working with our various departments in OPS, CS, billing, escalation, schedule change, Ticketing, sales team, finance, etc…   


  • Have the ability to assist agents with questions concerning airline rules and policies
  • Ability to maintain Multiple responsibilities – Working waiver’s cases, assisting airlines or the internal team with any query,  or acting within a supervisory role
  • Have excellent communication skills both with agents, customers and airlines over the phone or via email.
  • Able to maintain AirlineOps SLA’s and tracking of progress
  • Have the ability to handle escalated customer issues and work directly with the customer and airline to bring about resolution in a timely and efficient manner.
  • Understand that policies and procedures can change quickly and be able to react and adjust accordingly
  • Must have the ability coach and share their knowledge of our products and services
  • Must have excellent resolution and follow up skills.  Must complete tasks within set time limits and complete all assignments
  • Negotiating waivers and favors from airlines. Follow up with airline reps. and ensure issues are resolved.
  • Test promotional/Net fares filed in Amadeus/Sabre and ensure they are pricing correctly when an issue has been escalated internally.
  • Assist Tech with urgent testing when required.
  • Assist Accounting in resolving debit memo issues- email airlines to waive or reduce amount of debit memo received when requested.


  • High school diploma or equivalent experience required
  • Minimum of 2– years travel industry experience
  • Working knowledge of GDS – Sabre and Amadeus
  • Able to work well within a team environment
  • Strong interpersonal skills, including strong verbal, written communication skills and excellent listening skills, are required.
  • Ability to work on many tasks simultaneously in a high pressure environment.
  • Ability to work successfully across cultures and regions
  • Must be able to adapt and deal with frequent change.
  • Capable of ‘getting the job done’ in the absence of the Team Lead or Sr. Manager
  • Experienced in Sabre and Amadeus Airline reservation systems.
  • High level of skill in back office systems TMS), Cube, Visual Vault and web-based software applications
  • Windows XP, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Explorer.

Personal Impact:  Our casual company culture boasts innovation, collaboration, and harbors a unique entrepreneurial spirit.

                   The right people will. . . .  .

  • Understand the unique challenges and tremendous opportunities associated with a rapidly growing, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to deal with ambiguity and the freedom to explore and innovate.
  • Manage a continuously evolving set of priorities when everything (really-everything!) is important.  You can’t get overwhelmed or sidetracked easily.
  • Be vocal with idea generation; speaking-up fuels discussion, ideation, and group-think.  98% of ideas may fly by the wayside – but your impenetrable spirit allows the other 2% to soar! Your voice defines the value you bring to the organization.
  • Maturity to work goals at hand, but also able to consider overall strategies of the firm and create opportunities previously unseen.
  • Understand power of ownership culture; built on principles and values that compel everyone at Fareportal to think and act like an owner of the business


Fareportal’s Mission is to “Make travel effortless, affordable, and enjoyable by providing customers with their perfect trip, through the relentless pursuit of innovation in technology and unsurpassed customer service.”   If you love technology, travel, and innovation, commence your journey here.



Read More

Apply for this position

Apply with Indeed
Attach resume as .pdf, .doc, or .docx (limit 2MB) or Paste resume

Paste your resume here or Attach resume file

Human Check*