People are at the core of Fareportal. Product innovation and Engineering are what drive Fareportal. We are one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship products CheapOair and OneTravel, receive over 200 million visitors annually.
Fareportal is hiring a highly talented and motivated Director Product Management to be the product owner for our CheapOair brand. This position will drive innovation by leading teams across product, design and engineering for Fareportal’s CheapOairl brand. You will be responsible for not only developing industry leading ideas, but also working cross functionally to turn these ideas into live products which will be used by millions of travelers. You and your team will be responsible for crafting the vision, defining and defending a product roadmap, and driving that roadmap from business requirements through post-launch analytical analysis to determine if success metrics are met.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Act as the product owner for the CheapOair.com digital presence with accountability for the KPIs that drive its performance.
- Lead cross-functional teams to develop a roadmap, create product definitions, establish milestones and manage the implementation and evolution of the product development cycle
- Analyze site/product analytics, customer analytics, and competitive landscape and provide key insights for driving growth
- Take calculated, smart risks to push the envelope. Sometimes these risks will fail (which is ok), but you and your team will learn and continue to push the product forward to meet aggressive KPIs
- Identify new key performance indicators and monitor those KPIs. Ultimately you will be seen as the person responsible for getting the team to achieve the KPIs
- Work with the design team to ideate a/b tests to support continual optimization of the product and business plan
- Manage prioritization of new feature enhancements and bug/fixes
- Identify opportunities (some of which may not exist in the industry) that enhance the user experience and drive consumer engagement across the CheapOairl platform
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate
- Partner with engineering to drive technical projects and provide leadership in an Agile development process, setting scope, prioritizing features & stories, managing daily progress, and defining acceptance criteria
- Manage the product life-cycle from strategic planning through to tactical launch activities
- Collaborate with other Product Managers, UX/UI Designers and Engineering teams to drive successful integrations across products
- Motivate, manage, recruit and lead projects across cross functional teams
- 7+ years experience leading a product team and driving product roadmaps
- BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Stats, or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of launching products across multiple platforms
- Ability to define product vision by producing clear product requirements, user stories and architecture diagrams
- Must be able to lead, build, and execute deliverables; focusing on goals and profitability of the company
- Collaborate across teams. We win or lose as a team. Product Managers play a critical role in creating alignment between teams and stakeholders. A collaborative attitude is essential to the job
- Motivated self-starter with a proven track record of taking products to market from idea conception to launch in a fast-paced environment
- Savvy leader with exceptional bandwidth who can navigate a high growth, rapidly changing organization
- Hands on experience building complex data driven products (data science & big data)
- Experience working with ecommerce systems at scale ($500MM+ per year)
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Relentlessly recruit the best product and engineering talent
- Impeccable consumer focus and professionalism
- Proven ability to prioritize and delegate
- Travel Industry experience - flights specifically
- Experience working in the rapidly changing environment of a startup
Personal Impact: Our casual company culture boasts innovation, collaboration and harbors a unique entrepreneurial spirit.
The right people will. . . .
- Understand the unique challenges and tremendous opportunities associated with a rapidly growing fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to deal with ambiguity but equally the freedom to explore and innovate.
- Manage a continuously evolving sets of priorities when everything (really-everything!) is important. You can’t get overwhelmed or sidetracked easily.
- Be vocal with idea generation; speaking-up fuels discussion, ideation and group-think. 98% ideas may fly by the way side – but your impenetrable spirit allows the other 2% to soar! Your voice defines the value you bring to the organization.
- Maturity to work goals at hand, but also able to consider overall strategies of the firm and create opportunities previously unseen.
- Understand power of ownership culture; built on principles and values that compel everyone at Fareportal to think and act like an owner of the business.