Fareportal is one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship product CheapOair, receives over 100 million visitors annually. As a Product Manager, you will be a member of the world-class Fareportal Technology Team which is responsible for creating industry-leading digital products enjoyed by millions of consumers across the globe.
We are seeking a customer-centric, technical product manager for our content management system who possesses at least 3 years of experience building CMS that enhance and improve our user experience. This role’s main focus is to define and execute a roadmap based on business vision, market trends, customer feedback and business analytics for our global content management system (GCMS). The right person will possess strong technical acumen and proven experience with the full product life cycle. This is an interesting opportunity for ownership over a critical system that supports 10’s of millions of visits a month.
- Work closely with Fareportal technologists to improve existing editorial tools and to evaluate or create new ones in support of the content team’s evolving publishing needs across digital platforms
- Lead the concept, wireframe creation, development and launch of responsive digital products
- Lead user research, metrics gathering, competitive and performance analyses of your product, and communicate results across the company
- Author and publish requirements outlining needs in this area, with ability to convert to user stories so they are easily actioned by the technology team
- Become a key member of the Fareportal product team, ensuring our content management tools support current and future product needs in line with the roadmap
- Develop a feedback loop with the content team and create ongoing training opportunities to reinforce best practices around digital workflow
- Lay the groundwork for a best-in-class CMS to handle a fast-paced, innovating digital content team
- Ongoing competitive analysis to ensure that we are providing top-tier products to our connected consumers
- Prioritize mix of minor necessary enhancements and new innovations/revenue/cost opportunities
- Identify and communicate status, blockers, risks, and mitigation strategies to appropriate teams as needed
- Define effective tracking across the board
- 5+ years product management or development experience; must have excellent relationship skills, a strong customer focus, creativity, and a drive for results
- At least 3 (recent) years of experience building/developing content management products
- Proven experience with full product SDLC, from concept to launch
- Demonstrated expertise with content management systems such as Wordpress, Drupal or Joomla as well as digital publishing tools for social and off-platform channels
- Must be a champion of new innovative ideas that drive competitive parity and superiority
- Proven ability to define and execute a successful product roadmap
- Ability to lead diverse cross-functional teams and continuously fueling innovation to yield a world class product
- Develop and manage on-going business relationships at multiple organizational levels, and work in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to design and deliver both formal and informal presentations to groups of all sizes
- Hands on experience with A/B testing and tools, with a strong understanding of data driven decision making
- Knowledge of current web and mobile technologies, and familiarity with how the digital ecosystem is evolving
- Excellent analytical abilities; fluency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, demonstrated attention to detail
- Understanding and appreciation of SEO in relationship to landing page construction
- Some experience with any analytics products like Google Analytics, Omniture etc
Our casual company culture boasts innovation, collaboration and harbors a unique entrepreneurial spirit.
The right people will. . . .
- Understand the unique challenges and tremendous opportunities associated with a rapidly growing fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to deal with ambiguity but equally the freedom to explore and innovate.
- Manage a continuously evolving sets of priorities when everything (really-everything!) is important. You can’t get overwhelmed or sidetracked easily.
- Be vocal with idea generation; speaking-up fuels discussion, ideation and group-think. 98% ideas may fly by the way side – but your impenetrable spirit allows the other 2% to soar! Your voice defines the value you bring to the organization.
- Maturity to work goals at hand, but also able to consider overall strategies of the firm and create opportunities previously unseen.
- Understand power of ownership culture; built on principles and values that compel everyone at Fareportal to think and act like an owner of the business.
Mission: To be the world's best flight booking and customer experience company with a human touch