Engineering is what drives Fareportal. We are one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship product CheapOair, receive over 100 million visitors annually.
We are seeking a Technical Lead, well versed in eCommerce and travel to build and expand our presence in the United Kingdom (this person will be located in New York). This is an excellent opportunity for someone to build a product to help Fareportal expand globally.
Strong technical experience in ASP.NET web platform such as web forms/ MVC, layered architecture, and design pattern is required. The ideal candidate should have good knowledge of eCommerce and the air travel domain.
There isn't a better time to join our growing team!
- Lead a team of developers accountable for high performing business applications across the enterprise through full SDLC
- Operate in an organized, systematic way to further empower already successful, high performing on and offshore teams
- Lead entire SDLC from beginning to end, including unit testing, QA, and release
- Define clear goals in accordance with overall company vision and create blueprints to achieve those goals
- Provide development and architecture solutions for numerous challenging projects across a growing organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Experience with Analytic Software/Product like Google Analytic/ Omniture etc is highly desired.
- Experience working with an Online Travel Industry preferred
Technical Skills (60%)
- Knowledge of best practices for the full SDLC of n-tiered asynchronous large scale applications; from coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations perspectives
- In-depth experience with C# and ASP .NET 3.0/4.0 or higher MVC and SOA
- Deep understanding of multi-threading and real-time software architectures
- Unit testing frameworks, code coverage and static code analysis
Management Skills (40%)
- Building and managing self-directed work teams, employee empowerment, distributed decision making
- Ability to lead, inspire and motivate teams through effective communication and established credibility
- Excellent self-management and organization skills; promoting the behaviors that you want to see in employees
Mission: To be the world's best flight booking and customer experience company with a human touch