Engineering is what drives Fareportal. We are one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship product CheapOair, receives over 100 million visitors annually.
We are seeking a detail oriented Sr. DevOps Engineer to tackle high volume, scalable problems with the latest cutting-edge technologies in our fast paced environment. With a focus on scripting, process re-engineering and and collaborating with others; this person will have the skills of an analyst with the technical expertise of an engineer to create solutions for issues that affect the entire company.
There isn't a better time to join our growing team!
- Manage Team Foundation eco-system - including source control, build servers, NuGet server, Sharepoint.
- Own configuration management for existing and new projects
- Monitor build pipelines and deployments
- Monitor live systems and take corrective actions
- Solve increasingly complicated problems and continue to sophisticate our high availability system.
- Derive metrics and data to support meeting key performance indicators
- Provide feedback in a fast growing team regarding all-things scaling, availability, release automation, and monitoring
- At least 5 years of DevOps in a large enterprise/global Windows environment
- Solid understanding of Microsoft TFS setup and administration
- High level administrative skills set in Windows environment
- Strong skills of documenting architecture of both physical and logical diagrams
- Experience/knowledge on setup and configuration of open source stacks: MongoDB, Redis, etc.
- Ability to code script and debug in Powershell
- Ability to communicate with IT teams for task completion regarding domain infrastructure which includes networking configurations (e.g. Load balancer, network segmentation (vlans), firewall rules)
- Experience with monitoring tools
- Proficiency on configuration management tool such as Chef or Puppet will be a big plus
- Strong grasp of automation tools.
- Ability to independently prioritize work and implement resolution plans quickly without oversight and focus on business outcomes
- Proactive in collaborating and openly communicating across functional borders
- Excellent functional communication skills on technical subjects; specifically communicating with IT and business users.
- Be insanely detail oriented and responsible to be trusted to work on our live systems
Personal Impact: Our casual company culture boasts innovation, collaboration and harbors a unique entrepreneurial spirit.
The right people will. . . .
- Understand the unique challenges and tremendous opportunities associated with a rapidly growing fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to deal with ambiguity but equally the freedom to explore and innovate.
- Manage a continuously evolving sets of priorities when everything (really-everything!) is important. You can’t get overwhelmed or sidetracked easily.
- Be vocal with idea generation; speaking-up fuels discussion, ideation and group-think. 98% ideas may fly by the way side – but your impenetrable spirit allows the other 2% to soar! Your voice defines the value you bring to the organization.
- Have the maturity to work on goals at hand, but also the ability to consider overall strategies
- Understand power of our ownership culture; built on principles and values that compel everyone at Fareportal to think and act like an owner of the business
Fareportal’s Mission is to “Make travel effortless, affordable, and enjoyable by providing customers with their perfect trip, through the relentless pursuit of innovation in technology and unsurpassed customer service.” If you love technology, travel and innovation, commence your journey here.