Engineering is what drives Fareportal. We are one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship product CheapOair, receive over 100 million visitors annually.
We are seeking a Team Lead, .NET Developer, well versed in high capacity processing systems to propel teams responsible for increasing customer engagement with Email/SMS/Push Notification Marketing systems.
If you thrive in a fast paced, Agile, TDD, Microsoft environment this role will offer tremendous exposure to developing apps around large volume traffic in a performance driven environment.
- Lead a team of developers accountable for high performing business applications across the enterprise through full SDLC
- Operate in an organized, systematic way to further empower already successful, high performing on and offshore teams
- Lead entire SDLC from beginning to end, including unit testing, QA, and release
- Define clear goals in accordance with overall company vision and create blueprints to achieve those goals
- Provide development and architecture solutions for numerous challenging projects across a growing organization
- Strong technical experience in ASP.NET web platform such as web forms/ MVC, layered architecture, and design pattern is required.
Desired Skills and Experience
Fareportal Fundamentals require some combination of:
- OTA/Flights experience; with a strong understanding of the industry
- E-Commerce exposure
- Technology awareness/background
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Masters degree preferable
- 3+ years of experience leading on and offshore teams (5+) in high traffic, user experience based environments
- 5+ years of experience in ASP.NET, C#; specifically large, highly scalable, web based systems
- Experience in building highly scalable systems in e-commerce environment
- Experience in building CRM systems to manage customer data
- Have a good understanding of Mail Delivery protocols and systems.
- Have a strong background on working with databases.
- The ideal candidate will possess a high level understanding of customer acquisition and engagement (feature adoption) and the platforms used to achieve this (Google Analytics etc).
- C#/.Net, MVC
Technical Skills (60%)
- Knowledge of best practices for the full SDLC of n-tiered asynchronous large scale applications; from coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations perspectives.
- In-depth experience with C# and ASP .NET 3.0/4.0 or higher MVC and SOA
- Deep understanding of multi-threading and real-time software architectures
- Unit testing frameworks, code coverage and static code analysis
- Knowledge of Mail delivery protocols and messaging systems.
- Desirable experience with SMS or push notification implementation.
Management Skills (40%)
- Encourage and create self-directed work teams, employee empowerment, distributed decision making
- Ability to lead, inspire, and motivate teams through effective communication and established credibility
- Excellent self-management and organization skills; promoting the behaviors that you want to see in employees
Personal Impact: Our casual company culture boasts innovation, collaboration and harbors a unique entrepreneurial spirit.
The right people will. . . . .
- Understand the unique challenges and tremendous opportunities associated with a rapidly growing fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to deal with ambiguity but equally the freedom to explore and innovate.
- Manage a continuously evolving sets of priorities when everything (really-everything!) is important. You can’t get overwhelmed or sidetracked easily.
- Be vocal with idea generation; speaking-up fuels discussion, ideation and group-think. 98% ideas may fly by the way side – but your impenetrable spirit allows the other 2% to soar! Your voice defines the value you bring to the organization.
- Maturity to work goals at hand, but also able to consider overall strategies of the firm and create opportunities previously unseen.
- Understand power of ownership culture; built on principles and values that compel everyone at Fareportal to think and act like an owner of the business
Mission: To be the world's best flight booking and customer experience company with a human touch